Monday, August 27, 2007

A Love, Love Letter

While the rest of the world was asleep, you awoken in me and became the source of my heart’s nourishment. My dreams, once saturated in reality, became dreams again and it is at that point in time, I knew I was in love with you. And it’s by no fault. . .or default that we met. I was destined to meet “someone” and each day I kept hoping for “the one” and while my nightmares visited me every eve, I saw in them, the glimmer of a brighter tomorrow; if only I could survive the moon’s lonely shimmer again.

And for timeless moments in time, I rewind to understand the DNA of its compulsory. I rewind to understand how to do it all over again. . .yet this time differently. This time fresh. This time new. This time Love. Not all things start off loved, but with self-effort, all things can be Love. It is the stitch that must always remain unraveled; unmoved. For one tiny snag, and life as we know it, will cease to exist as we know it.

And then there’s always you. There’s the “you” in you that makes the Love in me; the Love in us. I am smitten by your design. You are whole amongst a sea of fragments. . .myself included. I swim to you daily, looking for exactly how my piece can forge with your puzzle. I want to be with you in a way that shows I want to be a part of you. That’s manifest shit. I’ll work at it because I want it. Let me.

This is not your ordinary Love letter. It’s more like a come clean letter. On this paper, I expose my soul in a way unviewable by the naked eye. I can never show you how I feel. You must close your eyes and open your heart and receive me. Desires be me. And they will not stop existing until our Love locks. You are. . .forever etched into my soul. I Love you to no end, which is the end. Love.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ty Shaw said...

"This is not your ordinary Love letter. It’s more like a come clean letter."...heavy, real, and straight to the gut. Great line.

September 04, 2007 2:40 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

"And then there’s always you. There’s the “you” in you that makes the Love in me; the Love in us. I am smitten by your design. You are whole amongst a sea of fragments. . .myself included."

This piece is a real "core-shaker," Jaygee. Keep the beautiful prose coming! I need what you got over in India :)

Cheers,
SRae

September 07, 2007 3:21 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

*speechless*

and THIS is what i come back to. my GOODNESS dude.

September 12, 2007 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.