Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Prayer

Dear Heavenly body, I pray for your serenity
To guide my mind and rule my heart and do these things correctly
To be the eye that sees not life, but probes a little deeper
Make clearly seen what drives our souls so that I may be the seeker

Of truth and just, might from right, the things that drive and hinder capitalism
To move my mind away from foolish things and keep my desires free of sin
In a bastion of light, majesty and self-worth is where I wish to lay my head
To the skies is where I metaphysically wish to be way past when this body’s dead

I know no other way to be, so I consistently challenge my motives for Love
In your graces is where I strive to fly peacefully as if represented by a dove
My sanguinity leads me to places visited by many but inhabited by few
I draw comparison to completeness when I strive to be closer to you

With rue my heart is burdened with injuctive thoughts and pleas for humanity
Restrictions on fairness and freedom, to overcome will bring out the man in me
And though my simplicity is riddled with bolted locks, complexities and layers
Each day I must promise to look for you, our union embodied in prayers

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this prayer . U must also seek Good health coz that is the one will make us closer to God even when we r alive and lead our life beautifully . Thank u for this beautiful words .

August 03, 2007 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.