Tuesday, August 07, 2007

State of Being

I put on my be cool and match it with my stay sane.
Mask all of my bruises and put ointment on the pain
Squeeze my heart real tight knowing blood pumps a-gain
Rush through my volatile life like floods carrying rain

My emotions flow through me like toxic energy to a field
My perceptions eek away and let me see what's real
Can't be inside the matrix because I returned both pills
Walk miles across these awkward valleys trying to reach hills

Leave my conscious mind behind, ‘cuz it’s marked by fears
Hide my solemn face from mirrors, ‘cuz it’s marked by tears
Rest my weary body slowly, ‘cuz it’s marked by years
Shrug my shoulders and walk away, ‘cuz it seems no one cares

Cross this great landscape of ours, my embodiment of self
Leaves my pockets feeling empty, however I’m surrounded by wealth
I’m a loner, vastly represented, and do you wanna know what else?
Sometimes I feel as sick as this world, yet I’m surrounded by health

‘Tis true that in this state of being, I ain’t being a human being
‘Cuz this knowledge that we quoting, wasn’t started by Europeans
So if the lies must continue apropos, then my falsehoods you’ll be seein’
Till the day we acquiesce, I’ll work hard towards whence I’m leavin’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.