Sunday, February 10, 2008

Posthumous Alive

Blessed are those who know no realm of light
To blind them to death by the good hand of right
To save over the world, when the floods delivered by rain
Come swoop into the valleys and bring hell a-gain

Blessed are those who seek no realm of truth
Who sit idly by, and let themselves be lied to
Who live each day as if they have no command
Put false belief in renting and don’t own any land

Blessed are those whose family knows no good health
And won’t ever have it because they’ve accumulated no wealth
And spend 99 cents on burgers instead of fresh fruits and veggies
Can’t run without wheezing because their bodies have gotten too heavy

Blessed are those competing in a time-full race with death
Who’ve given up the fight early though they have something left
Who’ve thrown in the towel and exited the square rings
And woken up early because they hate to see dreams

For you see, I consider these types of people to be blessed
Because the pain they feel now pales to what they’ll feel at rest
I struggle with life now because I want to give it my all
Though feeling ignored, my blessings will come when I fall

And though I have come to understand I cannot change the world
I can change my behavior and illuminate my wisdom pearls
For every human being, living surely comes before dying
So while alive, I must look to heal; never be defeated; keep trying

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.