Monday, February 04, 2008

Time Taken

I can't believe it’s been over 10 years since we first met. You came dutifully into my life like Egypt’s Imhotep. Like the-little-engine-that-could's conductor, like a dry piece of bread's butter. Indeed there are many women I endear, but there could never be another.

You erode all of my sanity, like it’s a dusty, sandy shore. And while that may sound negative, to me, it couldn't mean more. You forced me to move and moreover, to learn how to deal with change. That time should be married to growth and so life should never be the same. That life will never be sane -- as long as we deal with each other. I rank your level of importance up there with my sister and my mother.

Now that's deep -- deeper than my thoughts or your angst during your menstrual cycle. I try to bring you peace, but you reject everything that I do. It’s just like a Haiku, written complete, but lacking in understandin'. It would have all been so simple if you would have let me be your man back then. But I was just a friend then as I'm just a friend now. So it didn't hurt me much when I traded my dollar bills for rupees, then British pounds.

You said you needed space, so I gave you half the world around worth. Didn't think it would take all that for your true love to be birthed. For your true love to show girth. And wrap itself around my substance. Never been a shallow dude, so it’s my heart that feels pain, hence.

It’s been a long time since we've taken time to express our feelings. I've since gotten better with words; you’ll no longer find me reeling. Back for explanations of why my emotions make me feel like less than a man. It wasn't my masculinity, it was my Love undefined that had me hurtin'. I'm in love with you! There I said it. Acknowledge. For I only speak the truth. I shouted from my pen; don't need a mountain top or roof.

To be loved, to be loved! That's what Eddie exclaimed. But I'd just be happy to know each night you think about my name. That you utter the same. And our thoughts move in rhythmic plains. It’s only in your eyes that I am looking for fame. And perhaps, a warm kiss when home, I came.

I trust these words mean something to you and will not go forsakened. So please be the one and let's stop wasting this time that we have taken.

2 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

Who knew?

February 22, 2008 5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bittersweet and lovely ... i've been in this place.

April 06, 2008 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.