Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008


What a huge difference 16 days can make
I’m back where I started
Hello dearly departed
My plane dearly departed
From the location where I all started
Brooklyn Baby
Always in my heart it
Seems we have left 2007 behind
A new year is upon us
It’s time we stare beyond us
In 2008
To created a world that’s great
We must continue to build us
Or start with a clean slate
I’m thankful for the things
That 2007 has created
New friendships and opportunities
Baby boys and baby girls
And newly weds
Love unconditionally
Stronger bonds with my friends
Tighter bonds with my family
With a broader network of connections,
We are poised to win
And again
My iPod that sings to me
For those times when I get sick for home
And I feel no one knows me
I kick back and create my very own
Musical being
Thank you all for the love that you gave me
Back home
From Greensboro to Alexandria
Chicago to Astoria
Manhattan, Jersey, Brooklyn
Family and friends
Long dinners out
To quiet nights in
Sit back, recline my seat
And let the plane get me there
Oh yeah
2008 is going to be another very good year

4 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

Most definitely! Here's to a great things in '08.

January 02, 2008 10:54 PM  
Blogger [flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

you look so familiar...

January 09, 2008 7:35 PM  
Blogger [flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

ahh..yup..i knew you way back when ;)

January 12, 2008 11:28 AM  
Blogger the poet Shazza said...

I enjoy your Blog and writing style. Deep without preachy and somewhat under the surface, a little funny. You have a hidden bitting humor that makes you dangerous in a serious conversation and yet if you aren't a part of it, you don't get the whole picture.

I LOVE IT

January 31, 2008 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.