Sunday, December 02, 2007

Eloise

She said she knew French
But she looked Black to me
My Eloise Chavaise pinch
She was Creole, can't you see
And I didn't know twice
What I knew once before
She was a wretched and a bit nice
But I couldn't ask for more
To me she had given
Exactly what I wanted
My old ex I bid good riddance
My Eloise I had vaunted
To the top and only one
There were other's then there was her
She kept me atop my tiger
I was He-man, she was She-Ra
I was her Osiris, and she my Isis
We went together just like that
Though at times we would argue
She always had my back
A little hug and a little kiss and I
Had her on her back
But it was this relationship we had
That kept it interesting, in fact
We knew exactly what we had
Before it even had begun
A French and an American
So many battles to be won
But in the end, I’ll tell you what
And this is said with intended pun
My Eloise Chavaise pinch
We had a lot of French fun
French kisses
French fries
French wine
French lives
The Louvre on the weekends
Dinner on the river Rhine
It was quite an experience last summer
And I’ll never forget the time
And so ends this short story
About my Eloise told in rhyme

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.