Sunday, October 21, 2007

Conundrum Woman

I don’t pity you, because I don’t understand you, see?
And I fancy myself smart so I can’t be the only one
You tell me you know what you like and that’s me
But when I begin to reciprocate, you just up and run

You speak to me candidly and ask for my opinions
When you have no ideas, is when you make up your mind
You speak of needed new experiences, control of your dominions
You experience freshness when the rest of the world feels un-sublime

At points in our lives, from your speech, it appears you’re detached
You're wide awake, when the rest of the world thinks you’re sleep
Your make-believe reality is a perpetrated state of being unmatched
You hate all manner of desserts, but want your life to be a treat

You are a conundrum woman, a walking contradiction
Of what you do and what you say that you are
It is often hard for me to comprehend the energy you’re deliverin’
When not only physically, but mentally we’re separated by ‘far’

I know I could be good to you, I know I know what works
I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know
But without your generous and necessary commitment to lurk
There is no way for me to take my knowledge and allow US to grow

So for now, I have become contented with these very solid facts
That what I have to offer will always make you come undone
My signs, convoluted by your impalpability to discern freedom from pacts
An inability that will forever make you my conundrum woman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.