Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Practicing A

I walked past the rice paddies in to the dark
And reminded myself why I used to talk
But I can't say a word cuz I know my heart
Won't let me speak to a world of lies

I keep treading life like a piranha stalks
Leaving trails of dust amongst the flying hawks
On air, land and sea is where my body balks
Clogged in a system that drowns dry eyes

Never say never unless you never say never again
A loss is a loss, but if there's a lesson, it’s a win
If I say it over and over then maybe it'll form a trend
But I can't promise there'll be no lows; only highs

The matriarch of the patriarch knows it best
As seasons change nor do we get any rest
Nothing to do but stand tall and stick out your chest
Because each day, like the sun, we must rise

2 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

I'm not getting it. What are you saying?

February 23, 2007 12:02 AM  
Blogger JayGee said...

It's practice. What's to get? You get from it what your brain or your heart or your gut tells you to get from it.

Funny thing is, I'm working on not being so obvious in my writings so I take this note as a compliment.

Thanks, Rusty!! :-)

February 23, 2007 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.