Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Human Orientation & Love

The orientation of human ethos is in such a state of disrepair that it is uncertain to me, if it will ever become fixed. Malady, deception and manipulation have begun to overwhelm forgiveness, compassion and Love. Love, such a simple yet oft used word. They say the more you use a word, the more you understand it. In the case of the word, 'Love,' I feel the opposite occurring. We have used the word 'Love' so often in times when we don't Love someone or something that we have rendered the word free of its own mystical power.

The very tool which is our tongue has grown sharp edges and is used more to cut than to lick and heal wounds. Communication has been transformed into soulless words generally used to bark orders and lie about mistakes rather than connect us. We can’t no more understand the value of a kind word than that of a dollar because with each passing year, the price of both drops. And it sickens me to try and understand how and why we have done this to one another. There’s no one else here on planet Earth, but us. So please do understand that all of our faults are created within an enclosed ecosystem designed for our very existence. With well cuddled ecosystems, useless things die off; it is the nature of evolution. As things die off, what remains grows stronger and more useful.

We, as a people, have forgotten how to evolutionize. So instead, we’re forced to spend way too much time thinking about ways to revolutionize that which should just die off and go away. Things like bigoted treatment, inequality and indecency. Instead, we’ve managed to kill off Love, and feelings. And for what reason? So that we can oversimplify our lives? Because someone developed a way to create love and emotion using HTML code, we have given up on its utility; Bringing new meaning to the term, “Computer Love,” once again further alleviating human’s of their humanistic functions.

I’m perplexed by all this “ease” we’ve created for ourselves. We don’t even know how to communicate because our voices move slower than an Internet connection. Who has the time? I have the time. We don’t need more hours in the day. We need more “day” in our hours. If 50% of the time we’re awake is spent in front of a computer screen, it’s no wonder we confuse the brightness of the screen with daylight. Of course we lose control of managing our time spent awake. That must be it, because we certainly aren’t sleeping longer.

95% of my friends, whom I no longer get to see often, are now 2 dimensional square boxes on my computer screen who blink orange to let me know that they’ve said something to me. And if I pay them no attention at all and go to do something else, well, my computer will give a quick ding to let me know my friend has said something to me. Conversation? Is that what it should be called? Sounds more like a primitive form of call and response to me. And why bother to remember anything anymore. I doubt my mind can hold 120GB worth of data. In fact, I know it can’t because every day, I go on my computer and find something that I did not know was there. And I’m only using about 60GBs at this point; 35 of which is iTunes!! But I digress.

My point is this. If we don’t put feelings and emotion back into our interaction, we’re going to be a lost civilization, if you can call us that. Storing all of our thoughts and memories on computers, never writing anything down anymore. Always warring and feuding, be it neighbor, family member or country. We cannot continue believing that we can mentally create love when it should be something so deep inside of us, that our intellect knows no road to it. It just exists and emanates within and without us; words never quite doing it justice. And in that way we allow ourselves to become vessels for the creation of beauty. Ohhhh, what a day that would be if ever it were to come into fruition. On that day, I do believe, I would die of Love, in Love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

Are you talking about me? Sharp tongue? Box on the computer screen? That ain't nice. Where's the love?

February 14, 2007 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.