Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Letter to my mistress. . .

Dearest Blog,

Please accept my apologies for being away so long. You see, I had to have some alone time, and you and I both know how much you can talk! So I wanted to reconnect with my one-on-one relationships; I don’t get to do that often here in India. Here in India is where I spend most of my time with you. And now that I’m back, I intend to give you the attention you need and require.

The blessed news is I now feel reattached to the world. No, no, no, it’s not like I felt cut off from the world before, I was just a bit cut off from the world I know more intimately. Spending time with close friends and family has a way of creating that greater sense of belonging and necessity. Well, I am happy to report, the people I thought would struggle without me are doing quite well. And perhaps, if I can find the right words and an abstract way to formulate them, I’ll tell you some stories about them that can apply universally.

Until then, happy 2007 to you!! We had a relatively decent run in 2006 and I’m proud of what we accomplished together during that time. You helped me to do something I thought I would never be able to do: maintain a “you.” But, dear Blog, you made it easy. You’re a likeable character and have developed a desire for telling my stories the way I want them to be read. That’s the marksmanship of a true friend. Thank you. I am looking forward to crafting better stories to tell through you this upcoming year.

Yours only,

Jaramogi

1 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

Blog, don't let him feed you that BS. I asked about you several times when he was here. He said flat out that you were not a priority. He pretended to think about you while he was here but I don't believe it.

I would never treat my Blog that way. I nurture him. Make sure he has visitors. Help him grow. Perhaps you should rethink your relationship with Jaramogi. After all, he did call you his mistress. The chick on the side!

(Oh, no! He's pulled me onto the crazy side. Are we really talking to Blog? Is Blog even real?)

February 01, 2007 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.