Monday, December 11, 2006

Agile Heart

The flexibility of my love was once stern. It was not that I was incapable of love, but that I was too stubborn to accept the implications brought on by loving one woman. Ergo, my heart was not agile enough to accept the fact that I must be one way with one woman and another way with the rest of the world.

My understanding is now greater. And the degree of flexibility has been improved tenfold. To know that a heart's vulnerability for someone is not vulnerability is a tough lesson to learn; but I'm learning it. My aims to be the heroic man described in fairy tales and religious text is a journey mired in effort and implication; I must be, who I say I want to be.

And mistakes must be minimal. They say time is of the essence. And if that be true, then every breath must be breathed in honor of that endeavor. My heart must be prepared to bend. And even break, if it must. Agility will offer my heart the flexibility to repair itself.

I am a man. And with that comes many responsibilities. But not much is said about the dealings with emotional duress. I stress, not much is said about the dealings with emotional duress. Life moves while I'm alive, life will move when I am dead. It is said and so it shall be. I heart to think I knew it then, but can only just express it now. Existence is never just one color, it is a kaleidoscope.

2 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

Interesting.

December 12, 2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger JayGee said...

I thought so, too. Don't even think I was conscious when I wrote it. So when I did read it for the first time, I thought the same exact thing!

December 21, 2006 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.