Tuesday, November 28, 2006

If Charlie's Angels went Blaxploitation


Here is just one of the many photographs taken during the course of my past two weeks here in India with visitors from the states. I must admit, I had a terrific time sharing my time, space and energy with some of the most genuine and down-to-earth individuals you'd ever want to meet. I could have used a little additional help in the testosterone department to balance out the long and loquacious chatter of the Feline 5, but all and all, I thoroughly enjoyed hearing the rapid fire of English conversation vs. that of the more normal heard Hindi conversation.

This particular picture was taken in Jaipur, a town noted for fabric shopping (no surprise here) and having one of the oldest forts in India called The Amber Fort.

Here's a funny note not previously shared with any of the ladies from the trip: Though it is true that my presence stopped them from being the object of a lot of harassment, the flip-side is that the men would smile at me in a way that would lead another man to believe he is being admired for having so many women at his beck and call. Now truth be told, having to carry a pocketbook here and there, took away from my 'pimptation' (new word; write that down). . .well, that and the fact that they made me leave my velvet cape and platinum drinking chalice at home, but it still goes without saying that if Charlie had nappy hair and the angel's mostly rocked naturals, we could have easily shot the film on location in Jaipur, India.

1 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

You may have left the cape and chalice at home but you should left the white cane with the ruby on top at home too.

It was very embarrassing!

December 05, 2006 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.