Friday, October 06, 2006

Brain fart A

I write in abstract because I feel abstracted.
Suffered a mild concussion the day my mind’s thoughts retracted.
Stepped up to the plate, cuz they said it’s my turn at bat.
Swung for the fences until my lungs collapsed.

Now tell me, how does it feel to see a black boy born?
Does it make you ache with pain? Or make your heart feel warm?
Or does it make you feel like you’ve handed over a shit load of burdens
Like Corporate glass ceilings and neglected higher learnin’s

Have you given the best shot to the hot shot off the hot block?
Or written a death sentence, long live hip hop, now pick out the burial plot?
I cain’t call it, still figuring out how to wipe away my heart’s rust
We MUST be blind, cuz we sure as hell got the dumb leading us

I just know that when I get like this I sit down and write
Cain’t help it if my words don’t come out sounding right
But what it does is allows me to release this negativity
Wrench it from my soul so what is left is positivity

My liberalities, they create deep, thick creases in the mind
I gotta think about how I wish to die today, just one last time
Before I plummet into this fate destined to be a soul divine
Pulling grapes from the tree, tasting life before it becomes wine

I got a map, but can’t find where I’m going with this poem
But just like that Lee nail commercial say, I gotta press on
Move swift through this lightening before next come the hail storm
Before I get hit with shrapnel from this war that’s goin’ on

I wish my life was complete like these words are. . .

That’s it. . .don’t have anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you remember Lee press-on nails? Dude, you are SO old. oh wait- so am I... I remember they use to be the sponsor of the Love Connection. yup, I'm old too.

October 09, 2006 3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.