Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Beautiful Day

I woke up to emails from my friends checking on me to see how I am doing. Additionally, I had received a word of good news for a good friend who surely deserves it. Though my commute to work had traffic, it is expected now and thus it is right. Along the way, I was able to read a few pages of a really good book.

The guard recognized me today and I didn’t have to show him an identification card. His smile said, “I know you’re permanent now.” The persons who sit left and right of me, both wished me a good morning without any prompting.

The trees all lined up anxiously to give me their freshest batch of oxygen. A butterfly swooped by my face quickly to remind me that God is present in all things. I looked up and the hazy glass that normally covers the sky was not there. The sun shone at an angle and my reflection on the ground made me appear slimmer for the day.

In my heart, I felt someone appreciate me in their minds. The profound became the sanguine. The sanguine became the announced. The announced became me.

September 19, 2006. I dub the ‘Beautiful Day!’

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you. Once you are out of the hotel and in a more permanent space- please send me your mailing address with all haste!

September 25, 2006 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.