Sunday, August 20, 2006

How things appear

It may look to you this way, but its not
Not quite sure of these plans, that I’ve got
Not quite sure of this hand I’ve been dealt
And how I’m gonna divvy out all this wealth

Wealth of knowledge, of self, of being, of creation
Don’t sit back and question my self-identification
I loathe the feel of exasperation just trying to explain myself
When all I have to do is defy thyself

You can sit and call me crazy, but I know different
Wouldn’t know right from wrong if I fell for your nonsense
Silly isn’t it? The way we fall for misconceptions
Like self importance, bejeweled necks and other wealthy deceptions

This time, for real, I’m going to take life back
Give it to its rightful owner and just live like that
Manifest my present, leading up to the next level
Expedite my righteousness ‘til my spirit’s free from the devil

Embody all that my friends and family have taught me to become
Encapsulate their lives until we all exist as one
When my rites of passage finally leads me to the doorstep of death
It is there with great pride I will take my most important, but not final rest

How things appear.

1 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

This is my poem. It was on the memory stick I loaned to you. Remove this post now!

August 28, 2006 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.