Tuesday, July 25, 2006

In My Humble Opinion

You cower away when you see me. For what, I do not know.
You hide from the air we both can breathe, the force that makes us grow
You shun my appetite for you, beneath the calm and still waters we still flow
When you get angry with me, you treat me as if I’m your biggest foe

I only want to love you more than any other man has ever, ever done
More than your father, uncle, boyfriends and lovers, more than any of those one
I just want to protect you from harm like a hat protects you from rays of sun
Bring you peace and sanity, comfort and loyalty like the beat of a rhythmic drum

You question vulnerability and how it has stifled the growth of us
Without the thoroughfare of weakness, you’ll never open without a fuss
Like light rays in dark rooms, you must trust what the eye sees beyond dust
Beyond foible, beyond missteps, beyond feelings of inadequacy is a must

In my humble opinion, we can be something greater than the limits we now both have
Bring pieces of ourselves to our fractions creating two wholes instead of two halves
Steering in different directions, amicably we part, but remaining on each other’s paths
Creating a sustainable relationship that through the years will forever last and last

I love you despite you, I love you despite me and once moreover above all others, if I may
You ask that as a next step, allow you to put it in God’s hands and he’ll show you the Way
In my humble opinion that is the best decision at the beginning and at the end of the day
Until that answer is understood, let’s remain friends, I love you and that’s all that I can say

For now. . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it, and it will be yours.
~ Mark 11:22, 24
I have faith that the answer will soon show itself. Thank you for always being my friend.

July 25, 2006 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.