Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Screening. . .

I sometimes screen my calls. Funny thing is most of my friends know I screen my calls. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I mean, what is a phone call anyway? At its base root, a phone call is an impromptu meeting established by two or more parties in which the party doing the calling has time to talk to you. Well, just because the caller has time to talk to you doesn’t mean you have time to talk to the caller. And after all, isn’t the caller catching you off guard anyway? Wouldn't it be more appropriate for me to take a call when I can engage the caller? I think so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

I take that someone got upset because you screened and decided not to take his/her call.

I don't find a problem with screening either. Just know that frequently being unavailable to accept calls can make the caller not want to continue calling.

July 21, 2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger JayGee said...

For the people that I am frequently unavailable to, they should take a hint. That being the case, discontinued calling would be the call of the day. For those who get screened who I intend to holler at, they more often than not, get call backs. There is an air of prudence in my decisioning to screen, Ms. Setta B. :)

July 22, 2006 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.