Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hell if I know what I'm saying. . .I just wrote it

Cast out to the world, Brooklyn's boy, a black man
I hustle and bustle 'cross this land.

Enigmatic, pragmatic, I stand to attest
The ascension of humanness above all wealth.

The nature of friendship, I trust is true
Beautiful consciousness mired in hue.

Hue can be beautiful, created by mixing all colors
And only the whitest of white and the blackest of black could exist by segregating mothers

With fathers of the same race, like this, we could never move
To higher heights and stronger lights, through less dense air, we peruse.

Infused. My night's day can't come out to play
I must sleep to wake up and work my day's night away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a few days now and would like to invite you to submit your RSS feed to Riotnews.com. I just started this site and adding your RSS feed is free right now. I hope to see you add your feed, I truly like the blog. Keep the poems coming.

July 06, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger JayGee said...

Thanks, Greg. I appreciate the shout out. What exactly is riotnews? As I'm new to blogging, don't know the terminology. What is an RSS? What does your website look to accomplish?

July 06, 2006 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.