Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Power Struggle

Power Struggle:

If I controlled you, but then would you control me
I am human in flesh, you, an entity
I, a singular vibration, you, a corporation
Capable of separating me with machines,
Until I cease to want liberation
Sell me the commodities that I used to slave over
Degrade my body, my soul and what’s more over
Lacerate my mind with your knives of influence
Strip me away from my path of affluence
It’s a dirty, dirty game, and I see right through it
Teach me what you know, blind me with your movement


Use the Pythagorean theorem as your truth serum,
But I know there’s much more than that
Separate my being from what my ancestors taught the world
I know this and yes I am black

Build what I lack
Take my freedom back

Engage in discourse
Ride away on a horse

Absorb the sun
Become one

Knowledge of self
Can’t be depleted by wealth

Know from whence you came
So you can come back a-gain

Blossom with life
Die minus inner strife

Preserve what is good
Unmask your hood

Fight the good fight
Bid your friends a good night

Though the inner struggle lies within,
Each morning you must wake up and do it again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.