Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What is it that you want?

What is it that you want?
You beautiful, delicate little flower
I just want to see you in the rain shower
Washing all of your fears away

Allowing the hummingbirds and bees to come play
As they pull at your honeysuckle
Your beauty makes a grown man’s knees buckle
As I bend with a smile to admire you a bit closer

Your petals, so fine you send my heart on a rollercoaster
To smile as pretty as you and spread to the world, joy
So delicate, can never be mistaken as a toy
I long to pick you up and hold you close to my heart

But I must be smart
Because a flower picked too soon will not fully bloom
Picked at the right time your quintessence will light up a room
Bringing to all that set eyes on you, richness and delight

She sleeps by night
But oh what dreams must follow her there
A whiff of the flower I place in her hair
And I shall join her their soon

You beautiful, delicate little flower

2 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

Are you writing about me again, J? Damn!

June 21, 2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger JayGee said...

You're so vain, you probably think this poem is about you!!

(Inspired by Carly Simon)

June 21, 2006 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.