Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Dr. John Hope Franklin

Anybody who knows me, knows how important this photograph is to me. The gentleman I have the pleasure of standing next to in this photo is Dr. Brother John Hope Franklin. He is my brother in fraternity (Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.) and a Dr. by trade (noted historian with over 100 honorary doctorates to date).

This picture was taken at my chapter's 30th anniversary Ball Celebration at Duke University. That would be the "Knock Out" KO Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. The legacy bonded by this chapter is truly a special one. When I got brothers, I really got brothers. And ever since then, doors have flung wide open for me, just through association alone. I am truly thankful; I am truly blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.