Monday, May 08, 2006

Aged To Perfection. . .

I used to tell people that my leg always hurt

Now I tell them that one leg is longer than the other

I used to tell people that I spent all last night in a club listening to loud music

Now I tell them that I'm growing hard of hearing

I used to tell people that I just got back from vacationing in a sunny location

Now I tell em my momma and my daddy made me this complexion

I used to tell people a lot of untruths when I was younger to compensate for what I considered to be my inadequacies

Now, conditioned upon my abnormalities, I tell people I have aged to perfection

My body grows weaker as my mind grows stronger

My mind grows so strong that I can leave pieces of it, entrenched in little kid's minds and grown men's bodies

One day, it will be time to say goodbye to this body that has grown as all things must grow, and will die as all things must die

It is because I have spent my time, tirelessly wearing out this body to get to the next lesson, the next level of understanding, growing my mind stronger than my body ever was, or ever could be, that I, my friends am aging to perfection

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.