Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Taste of What's Real

I pulled a lollipop from the rainbow and began to lick its understanding not fully comprehending what is true. That either lollipops are not made of colors from the rainbow, or that rainbows are not real.

As I licked and licked some more, I began to wonder if I were not coming to the conclusion that I, myself, am not real like the rainbow and the lollipop.

A fear came over me, because my conscious slowly began to realize that if the lollipop wasn't real and the rainbow wasn't real and I wasn't real, then the emotions I felt of being a happy man, enjoying the sight of a beautiful rainbow, and sucking on a delicious lollipop were all fake too!

Oh what a discovery to find on that day. I pricked myself against a thorny branch and screamed ouch, but my pain wasn't real because neither were I or the thorn. I jumped and the impact of me landing on the ground buckled my knees. But my knees never really buckled because the ground wasn't real nor was gravity.

Subconsciously, my conscious came back into being and my ability to understand went away. My rote mechanics came back to me and I began sucking on that lollipop again, staring at the rainbow, smiling and being happy. I inadvertently touched my arm against a thorn and said, "ouch," but it didn't hurt long enough to affect my happiness.

Where was I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.