Monday, June 05, 2006

Undercurrent

As I sit by the shore of life, waiting for the undercurrent of love to come sweep me away, I suddenly realize that it'll never happen unless I move closer to the water's edge.

I've been a spectator too long, taking in the beautiful sights, sounds and views of love from just outside the reach of the undercurrent. I wonder if I hesitate for fear that the waves will drown me. I've seen death here before and I don't want to be one of those people who were warned of nature's fury and chose to stay and watch, as oppose to leave for higher ground and safety.

I've also seen the beauty and magic of dolphins, fish, birds and sea crustacean, working with the current, floating, floating, floating and sustaining life and love amidst that sea of love.

So what am I waiting for? (sigh) Me. I'm waiting for me to take a deep breath and walk closer to the shore's edge, where I can be swept up by the undercurrent of love. And I know that for me, the thought of jumping into the sea of love would be better because then I could control how I enter the sea. It was suggested to me that I do not approach the sea of love that way.

I was told to get yourself to a place where love can touch you. Where you can be in the presence of love. Where you're ready for love when it comes to overwhelm you into its graces.

So here I am. At the shore of life, waiting for the undercurrent of love to come sweep me away and all I have to do is take two steps forward. Am I ready?

Yes I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.