Sunday, October 01, 2006

Profiles in Courage - A


There was a gecko on the wall of my living room and he wasn’t trying to sell me any insurance or baby-sit my unborn kids. Rather than continue my journey to hang out in the living room or try and do something about removing this gecko, I promptly (meaning quickly) shut the living room door and went back into the bedroom area.

I hope he either let himself out or something bigger came along, ate him and then let himself out. If not, then hopefully tomorrow I can talk one of the locals into scouring the room until they find him and kick him out.

Throughout my stay here in New Delhi, you will see many of my “Profiles in Courage.” While I probably would have no problem wrestling a lion or a bear, I have no qualms about letting people know I run from rodents, lizards and insects. I simply cannot deal.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would've freaked the hell out- whether the gecko was talking or not.

I guess I better get over my fear of icky lizards by December!

October 06, 2006 2:33 AM  
Blogger Setta B. said...

I had my fair share of lizards while living in Florida and Louisiana. They would always get into the apartment.

They are just too quick to catch and then free once outside of the apartment. I would spray them to death. Roach spray. Holding spray. Tub cleaner. It eventually works. It's not humane but I also don't appreciate unexpected and uninvited houseguests.

November 03, 2006 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.