Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Deception

Deception. It is a very cruel tool manifested by human beings. For lizards in the desert or insects in the forest, it is a very necessary tool for survival. For human beings, there is no necessity other than to parlay social intent into the negative.

Next to Love, it takes away the most important and base component of human relations; that is trust. Since I do believe you can love everyone, trust becomes that much more important. I have found that without it, I struggle to carry-on a relationship. . .even if I still love that person.

Deception challenges the very fervor for which each man should endeavor: That is to find yourself and love yourself. If you deceive, you have neither found yourself, nor do you love yourself. I am now more committed to that belief than ever before. To deny another man the right to feel secure in the belief that he can openly and honestly project a piece of himself without being tricked or conned into sub-reality is not only downright disrespectful, but it is also ignoble.

And so while the feeling of being deceived may sting a bit, I feel more sorry for the person whom like a lizard or an insect, feels the need to use deception to get through their modal lives. . .as a tool for survival. Whilst Love and Trust can leave you vulnerable to hurt and pain, at least it also leaves you free of guilt and offers you the opportunity to once again (at some later point) realize what it means to be human.

And that’s all we are.

Please forgive me. Just something really negative I had to get off my chest right quick. I promise it won’t happen too often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.