Friday, November 03, 2006

Let Me In. . .

I chew and I chew and I reach and I soar
I’m not gonna stop ‘til you open that door
And let me inside, I’ve got nothing to hide
For some reason you do so you act out your pride

Don’t do this to me, I’ve worked way to hard
I’ve striven for excellence, I’ve paid for my card
I’ve done what you asked, to get where I am
Yet still you tell lies, and leave me to damn

I know it’s not simple, my mom taught me that
Be fair and persevere, my lessons in tact
When dealing with me, you strip them away
Send me home depleted at the end of each day

I dress in these clothes, to look just like you
Can’t take anymore, the color of lose
And tell me I’m black, in your own little way
With pats on the back, “Maybe next time” you say

Well next time is now! I want what I’m owed
Keep food from a kitten, even he’ll become bold
I’ll snap and I’ll scream, ‘til I get what you mean
And then I woke up, wow, what a weird dream!!

Or is it. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.