Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I promise

I promised myself that I would be a doctor one day
Until I let reality tell me that I'd never make it that way

I promised myself that I would become a better person
But I dropped that guarantee when change started to hurt some

My New Year's resolution was to lose some weight
But I made that promise in august; 4 months later it would dissipate

I promised a friend that I would be there when she needs me
Her boyfriend broke her heart and she complained she didn't see me

I promised my boy I'd be on time for his wedding
Yes the train made me late, but my absence was telling

What's a promise anyway, a question some of you may ask
It's your word that you will do what it takes to complete a task

I have lost the trust of too many to make promises again
My credibility shot, it’s no wonder I have lost them

I promise this will affect you, if you don't turn this behavior around
I trust that you find this advice to be sound

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.