Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Indelible Mark

Etched deep in my skin
Like a beauty mark
Like stage fright
On opening night
Like. . .like cotton candy sweetness
Made soft and fluffy for eaten
Lost in the memory of my youth
Like stretch marks turned
Beautiful paintings
Telling the story of childbirth
Deep like hair follicles
Coiled and napped close to my scalp
Like my favorite book
That forced me to see the invisibility
In us all
Like red wine and sunshine
They go hand in hand since one helps grow
The grapes for the other
Like. . .like rubbing earth on to my skin
And not seeing the difference
Like undefeatable strength developed
Because of your woman’s Love
Like your favorite bowl of cereal
For dinner
Like leaving home and dreaming of
Your return
Like my sister, helping her brother
You have left an indelible mark
On my soul

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wonder do we collect marks on the soul like the rings on an old tree ... the marks you collect are the tellins of an old soul?

April 19, 2007 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this reminds me of someone ......

very well-written.

April 06, 2008 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.