Saturday, April 14, 2007

Open air

I sit ‘cross from you
Mirrored minds
Dream wonders of
Daylight in the night
Biblical drip drops of
A sane man gone wild
By the statistical Revelation
That it ‘tis what it ‘tis
And you is what you is
And Iambs what Iambs
Without the pentameter
To complicate things
I swing low off your high brow
Never needing confirmation
For my existence to you;
In you; I live one breath
At a time, we sip wine
Until we realize it is the blood of us
And knowing that one day
We will remember someday
And someday we will remember
Every day for the rest of our lives
Sunrise, brings newness to old
And oldness to memories
As we chant it down making stories
Of a past made obsolete by
Time changes. I change the time
On my other clock never forgetting
What time of day it means to be
Sitting. . .centrally located in the U.S.
But US? No time nor distance can
Separate a homesick mind in need
Of homecookin’ or at least, homebrewin’
I don’t make a fuss, I just rush
Back home, get undressed and make
A mad dash to my bed, to sleep,
Then dream, then join you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.