Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A 'sigh' moment - A

Today, I submitted forms for my new work ID to be given us when we move to our new building. The form, much like many we've all filled out, asked for an emergency contact number. Well I always put down the same phone number for that.

The security person processing my form took a look at the number then took a look at me and asked me, "What number is this?"

Without hesitation I answered, "Oh, that's my sister's mobile number."

(blank stare)

"It’s a US number."

(blank stare)

"I always use that number. I'm here alone; there is no one in India to call. . .in. . .case. . .of. . .an. . .emergency."

"Oh. Okay, Sah."

(sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.