Monday, June 16, 2008

Assuage

Through the daunting perils
That is love and sacrifice
I sauntered about
Until I came amidst new ground
Expecting all I've known to disappear
And be replaced by expecting greatness
Or Great Expectations
Greater made by the dandy springing forth
From my face
Intrinsically valuating the merits
Of a life led right
Around the corner from a life led wrong
And yet, we all belong
On the same street of happiness
Where I find myself
Drenched in the downpour of your attention
Of your intention
To bring richness to a pauper spirit
Caught up with shaking his head
At the ways of the world
We're worlds away
But at night, our voices play
For me anyway
Setting parameters around discussion
So as to escape from our escape
And give the world, what we will give each other
A way to be better
A way to build fortresses of Love
Made magnetic by the state of our persons
Or, better still, our personalities
We touch down like tornadoes
Leaving peace in our wake
I awake. . .you awake
This isn't a dream
Our actions, now have meaning
I am better
For relating to you
Assuage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.