Thursday, May 31, 2007

Writer's note

I will always take credit for my writing. But that doesn’t mean I always understand what it is I write. Most of what I write is not written through the perception of the mind I use to interface with people every day. Often times, I must shut off my conscious in order to allow my subconscious time to express ITself.

The best way I can describe this situation is to akin this “switching off” to when Grandy-ma used to tell us to turn off all the electricity during a thunderstorm because the Lord’s talking. Sure as shit, lightening trumps electricity. So the Lord’s words should trump all other sounds. Sometimes, my Grandy-ma wouldn’t even allow us to talk loud, if at all when the Lord was talking.

Well, I’m not the Lord, but I do recognize the powerful voice that is my subconscious. I recognize that IT also needs peace and quiet when it is time for IT to speak. And after my brainstorm is over and the subconscious communication has ceased, my conscious, too, comes back alive and has fresh fodder to devour and interpret for MYself. That's just how I see things.

I know I’m weird. . .I’ve accepted it and that’s okay.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any friend of Nikki's is a friend of mine. You are deeper than the averge cat. I'll be back to see how deep the well goes...

May 31, 2007 10:54 PM  
Blogger JayGee said...

Nikki got so many friends, she'd make Dionne Warrick jealous!! I've had more people visit my blog in the past couple weeks since she added me to her blog roll, than I've had probably in the past couple months myself.

Thanks, Nikki. And thanks for the comment Sojourner G. I'll do my best to let it all spill out.

June 01, 2007 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.