Monday, May 28, 2007

Wait-loss

As fate would have it
I have lost some wait
It was good wait
Necessary wait
Heavy wait
Wait that was dragging me down
And making me sluggish

For years now, I have tried to
Drop this load, but to no avail
Or your lack of availability
I had to gain some wait
And some more wait
And some more wait
Until I was over-wait

As long as it took me to add to this wait
It has taken me a much shorter time
To shed it
And all I had to say is
“I will not continue to add on to this wait!”
So as for you, I’m no longer concerned
With your distractions
Which put wait on my conscious
Your put-offs
Which put wait on my mind
Your rain-checks
Which put wait on my time
Or your something-betters
Which put wait on my heart

There was a time I waited for you to
Finish all of those things so that I could
Stop adding on wait
Now that I have released myself
From your queue
I have, in a sense, released myself from you
And I have dropped the wait
And life feels easier now
I don’t dread looking for things to do
Because I no longer am waiting on you

As fate would have it
I have lost some wait

3 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

dangity dang! i LOVE this poem!

May 29, 2007 9:49 PM  
Blogger Setta B. said...

Ditto!!!

May 30, 2007 10:31 PM  
Blogger T. S. Snowden said...

Wow! That was wonderful

June 01, 2007 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.