Monday, June 04, 2007

First Blogs

So at random points in time, I always go back to my very first blog to see what started it all. Going into that blog, I knew that I wanted to write something special that signified me at the time of its writing, but also looked to express my path; a link from the past that speaks to where I’d like to see myself go.

I still find what I wrote intriguing because I can look at the words and understand some things about myself during the time of that writing:

  • I was hobbiless and in dire need of self-expression
  • My job had become a bore on my soul and stripped me bare of my creativity, or so I thought
  • Overdue. . .it’s amazing the things you could get done if you did those things that were just long overdue
  • Time. . .inaction multiplied by time equals regrets; personalized formula, but never has a formula been more simple for me to understand, adhere to and avoid its effects
  • Ownership. . .I always stress that the only thing I own is the information to my past. From it, you can deduce many things, but no individual meeting me for the first time now, would never know me, because you’re missing the most important and developmental part of me. I am a culmination of all of my mistakes, successes, and just plain judgment calls. To meet me and immediately say you know me, frankly, is an insult. Oddly enough, this gives away some of the ownership and perhaps rid myself of any control freakishness too. Emphasis on the word “perhaps.” :-)

It is clear that something drives us to these things. . .these blogs. There is an outward pouring of our soul’s vision on to these pages and it gives us all a stronger glimpse into what motivates; sometimes its fear, legacy or lack thereof, excitement, do-gooding or loneliness. Self-expression, insomnia, attainment or spiritual alignment. Whatever the case, we’re all here sharing our thoughts, feelings and emotions with one another through these magical tongues turned keyboards. It is truly a gift.

So let me start off by saying to all of you bloggers, thank you for sharing your gifts. Thank you for opening up and broadening me. Getting me to say, “Ahhhhh, I remember.” Forcing me to stampede down roads less traveled and explore forgotten territories. Special shout out to Setta B. who brought me to this place called BlogSpot.

Second, my intent is to go to everyone’s first blog entry and comment, as I think it would either further strengthen or weaken my argument above about the first blog. Either way, I will become more knowledgeable because of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Setta B. said...

Wonderful idea. Oh, not this blog, just the shout out. Well-deserved and overdue, it is. ;)

June 08, 2007 6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.